CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Designers of the Day


Check out our featured MSB designers!  We know you'll love Tom, Janna, Kelly and Ellen as much as we do!
 


Undercover Princess Boutique







My name is Janna, and I'm the designer at Undercover Princess Boutique. I learned to sew as a little girl, and fell in love with creating again after having my own children! They are my inspiration, and are often right beside me in my studio while I'm sewing. Our family lives along the gorgeous shores of Lake Michigan - much too far from Disney, but a wonderful place to raise a family!

I love anything ruffly and twirly, and since I would look silly wearing my own creations, this business gives me the creative outlet I need. I started out doing hand applique because I didn't have an embroidery machine. I now do a little of both, depending on what I'm in the mood for, and the desires of the customer. I am so honored to be a part of this group, and look forward to working with you!


 







Tom from HeavenLeighBlessings Boutique is one of the most sought after designers around!  Married to his sweetheart for over 10 years, he began sewing for his sweet daughter almost 8 years ago and ventured into the world of custom boutique over a year ago.  Not only does he create fabulous customs, but he is a quilter too!  Tom was recently featured on the Designing Minds blog, and is one (if not the only!) male designer in the custom boutique world!  He's well known and loved for his fabulous fabric combinations!  He's been an innovator with his GORGEOUS light up designs and continues to inspire with each new creation!  He has recently ventured into the world of hand applique, and  we can't wait to see what he has in mind for our anniversary launch!



Jujube Boutique





 
Hello, my name is Kelly and I am the designer behind Jujube Boutique.
My sewing adventures started over 20 years ago when my mother, who is a special occasion seamstress, taught me how to make scrunchies. (remember those?!) By the end of the first week of making them I had over a hundred that I had sold to friends in school! (or traded for snacks, LOL).
 Through the years I have learned new techniques and tweaked my style. I took a break from sewing when I was in college and for a little while after. After I got married (and made my wedding dress and all the bridesmaids dresses!) and had my son, I dusted off that old sewing machine and made some cute little curtains for his nursery. I now have 7 children, 3 of whom are girls, and I have discovered my love of custom boutique clothing. I love making ruffly dresses and skirts, but also like sewing appliqued sets for boys. I hand applique everything, I don't even own an embroidery machine! I love the blank canvas that fabric provides for my creativity, and nothing makes me more happy than seeing a pic of one of your little ones dressed in something that I created!



ELB Boutique


 
 
 
 
Ellen from ELB Boutique has been sewing since she was a child.  She inherited her mothers love for sewing and has been creating ever since learning at a young age.  Ellen kept up her love of sewing by creating for her boys as they grew up, but creating for 2 older boys was a challenge.  Ellen's love of sewing was renewed when her grandaughter was born.  She found that she loved the creativity involved with sewing more ruffly girly things.  Ellen credits her success to the friendships that she made through the Disboards and the exposure that posting online has brought her.  She learns more every day through fellow designers and friends and from pattern designers like CarlaC and Funktional Threads. 
 
 
We hope you are enjoying getting to know our designers!  Keep checking back daily for more features and some fun anniversary launch news!
 
 

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment